Sleep apnea is actually a kind of sleep disorder . It interrupts an individual’s breathing while asleep. There are two major types of sleep apnea—Central and Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Check out its Symptoms:
- Frequent, loud snoring
- Choking, snorting, or gasping while asleep
- Insomnia or restless sleep and waking up with a sore throat or dry mouth
- Daytime sleepiness and fatigue
- Waking up to urinate too many times at night
- Morning headache
Some natural tips to cure Sleep Apnea:
If you have a mild case of sleep apnea, some lifestyle alterations may treat your problem.
- Lose weight. When you lose some weight, it can open up your throat. Therefore you can get better sleep.
- Exercise. Do aerobic exercise, resistance training, and yoga. They are recommendable options for strengthening the muscles in your airways and improving breathing!
- Sleep on your side. Resting on your back narrows your airway. When you lay on your side, it lets you keep your airway open.
- Don’t take alcohol, anti-anxiety medication, and other sedatives, specifically before bedtime. It is because they relax the muscles in the throat and disturb your breathing.
Sleep apnea can also lead to severe health hazards, like heart disease and depression. If you find sleep apnea symptoms, talk to your dentist without delay.
Is your sleep interrupted with bad snoring habits? When tissues in the back of the throat vibrate since air passes over them while sleeping that is snoring. There are certain solutions to prevent snoring. Few medical and few natural!
Some natural tips to cure Snoring:
- Cut down some weight. Overweight persons carry extra fat around their necks. This in turn, narrows their airways and causes snoring.
- Alter your sleeping position. When you lay on your back then your airways can be blocked or narrowed. Therefore, sleep on your side.
- Figure out your own snoring patterns. When you find out about when and where you snore and what makes you to snore more, then you can make an alteration.
- Stay away from alcohol and cigarettes. If you take alcohol more often, moreover before bed-time that may result in snoring. Smoking irritates your throat tissues leading to inflammation that causes snores.
- Drink more water. Always stay hydrated if you’re a snorer. Dehydration enables mucus to form in your nose which could make you snore.
- Get proper sleep. When you’re over-exhausted, that relaxes your throat and tongue muscles and therefore you snore. It’s crucial to sleep for 7 to 9 hours every night.
Get Help Now!
Now, if you’re suffering from extreme snoring troubles and sleep apnea, and looking for the best ‘Dentist near Me’ in Pittsburgh, PA then surely call us at Omni Dental Shadyside. Our Dentist in Pittsburgh can perform a proper diagnosis and give the best treatment for your oral conditions.