Suffering from the problem of missing teeth is a pretty common problem in today’s time. The loss of teeth can happen due to various reasons such as severe decay in teeth, infection, gum disease, aging, etc. So, if you are suffering from such an issue, there is nothing to worry about. Going for dental implants treatment at a reliable dental office can replace your missing teeth perfectly and also restore the beauty of your smile. It is considered to be the best teeth replacement option by far. But, you need to know that not everyone makes a good candidate for implants. In this blog, the best Pittsburgh dentists have come up with a detailed discussion that makes one a perfect candidate for dental implants.
Signs that make you a perfect candidate for Dental Implants
- It is essential for your gums and teeth to be healthy to get dental implants
- Dental implants require good bone density to offer proper stability or support
- You should maintain your oral hygiene routine i.e brushing, flossing, using a mouthwash
- You need to give up the habit of smoking (if you are a smoker)
- Lastly, have patience as the entire treatment can take up to 12 months to get completed
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Now, that you are aware of the criteria to fulfill to undergo dental implants treatment, do not skip gathering knowledge about the benefits offered by this particular teeth replacement option.
- Prevents bone loss - Losing one or multiple teeth can contribute to the loss of bone mass in the jaw. Getting dental implants can resolve this issue with ease.
- Matches natural teeth - The dental implants are generally designed to function, feel and look like your natural teeth. So, getting dental implants is not going to hamper the appearance of your smile in any way,
- Helps restore bite force - Missing teeth can also affect your bite force and as a result, make you face discomfort. Dental implants can restore your bite force and draw an end to all problems.
- Helps retain facial structure - You need to know that human teeth play a vital role in maintaining one’s facial structure. Undergoing dental implants treatment can fix this issue and as a result, help to retain your facial structure.
- Allows you to speak clearly - Teeth replacement treatment options such as dentures and bridges can affect your speech. This is not the case with dental implants. On the other hand, implants can improve your speech.
- Prevents dental cavities - Dental implants are usually made of materials that are not prone to decay or cavities. So, the chances of suffering from dental cavities decrease as well. But, do maintain your oral hygiene routine regularly.
- Can be maintained with ease - You will not have to walk an extra mile to maintain your implants. Brush your teeth at least twice regularly. Floss before brushing your teeth and also rinse your mouth with a mouthwash.
- They are very durable - Dental implants can last for a lifetime if taken care of properly. This is exactly why dental implants turn out to be the most economical teeth replacement option in the long run.
We hope that going through this blog has helped you gained a better understanding of implant dentistry. Contact Omni Dental if you are looking for the best dental implants service in Pittsburgh, PA, and the surrounding neighborhoods. Talking to our dentist in person will help you figure out if choosing implants can be a perfect choice. Book your appointment today without any further hesitation.