Dental implants are a popular dental restoration solution for those who have lost teeth due to dental decay, periodontal disease, or trauma. Dental implants offer superior results compared to other dental replacement options like bridges and dentures. In this article, we’ll discuss 6 reasons dental implants are the best option for people who need to replace their lost teeth.
Reasons Why Dental Implants Are The Best Solution For Teeth That Have Been Lost
1. Long Lasting: Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime. Unlike bridge and denture replacements which may require periodic adjustments or replacements over time, dental implants can be expected to function just as natural teeth do – with no further maintenance.
2. Improved Oral Health: Dental implants do not require the filing down adjacent teeth as dental bridges do, preserving more of your natural teeth’s structure and improving dental health overall. Dental implants will also help keep the bone in your jaw healthy and prevent further deterioration since they are embedded directly into the bone itself.
3. Natural Look and Feel: When dental implants are placed correctly and cared for properly, they look like real teeth – without needing any adjustments or replacements over time. The result is a beautiful smile that looks natural and feels confident.
4. Versatile Usage: Unlike dentures which can only be used to address a few missing teeth at a time, dental implants can be used to replace single teeth, multiple teeth, and even full dental arches.
5. Improved Speech: Dentures can slide around in the mouth when talking or eating, making it difficult to enunciate words or eat confidently. Dental implants are held firmly in the jaw bone and provide a stable base for speaking and chewing – giving you improved speech and eating capabilities without worrying about dental prosthetics slipping out of place.
6. Better Quality of Life: In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, dental implants also improve your quality of life overall by providing more stability with bite force and habits like gum chewing, which can be difficult with traditional dental replacements like dentures.
Dental implants offer superior dental restoration solutions to those suffering from dental trauma, dental decay, or periodontal disease. With their long-lasting results and improved oral health, dental implants provide a better quality of life than traditional dental replacement options like bridges and dentures.
When dental implants are placed correctly and cared for properly, they can last a lifetime. Regular dental check-ups and cleanings will help ensure your dental implants remain in good condition for many years.
You should have dental checkups at least twice a year for dental cleanings and exams. Your dentist may also recommend additional visits depending on the health of your dental implants